It’s April and after the egg-citement (sorry!) of the long Easter weekend it’s back to work. In order to help you get cracking (sorry again!) we’ve hunted out the most up to date HR/Employment Law news for you. This includes the race in the workplace review and what this could mean for employers, the Government’s consultation on caste discrimination and ACAS’s final guidance on the Gender Pay Gap regulations.
Our case update this month focuses on dismissal for long-term sickness absence, the CJEU’s decision on wearing headscarves at work, disability harassment when not technically disabled and from what date notice period starts to run when actual receipt of notice is delayed.
- Government reforms (1): Race in the workplace review & response
- Government reforms (2): Discrimination – consultation on caste
- Government reforms (3): Gender Pay Gap – ACAS final guidance
- Case update (1): Sickness absence – Long term illness & dismissal
- Case update (2): Religious discrimination & headscarves
- Case update (3): Contracts of employment – When does notice take effect?