The Government Equalities Office has published guidance (available here) for employers on actions they can take to promote women’s progression in the workplace and close the gender pay gap.
The guidance focuses on:
- creating an inclusive culture;
- supporting women’s career development;
- progression for part-time workers;
- improving recruitment and promotion processes; and
- measuring and evaluating policies to support diversity and inclusion.
The guidance reminds employers of the value of closing the gender pay gap, making the best use of skills and experience, attracting and retaining talent and improving productivity and performance.
The guidance is in line with the Government’s continuing commitment to encouraging employers to not only report on their gender pay gap, but also to take action to close the gap identified.