The Government has issued guidance, available here, to help employers deal with the recruitment and retention of transgender employees and to raise awareness of trans issues.
It gives practical advice on:
- how to ensure that the recruitment process does not present barriers for transgender people;
- confidentiality issues;
- providing the right support;
- training key staff on best practice;
- having awareness of equality law and relevant diversity and equality policies; and
- individual and strategic issues that arise in relation to employees who are planning transition, are transitioning or have transitioned.