It’s January and time to look forward to the year ahead whilst trying to keep up those New Year’s resolutions! If one of those resolutions is to keep up with HR/Employment law news (?!) then we can help you at least with that. We have plenty of guidance this month from the Government on illegal working, shared parental leave and an online family friendly calculator; from the Information Commissioner on data protection; and from the Tribunals on holiday pay claims.
Our case update this month focuses on whether obesity is a disability, when an employer can fairly dismiss for inappropriate tweeting, whether caste is protected by UK discrimination laws and helpful confirmation that an employer need not make reasonable adjustments when an employee is certified as unfit for any work and has given no indication of when he or she might be able to return to work.
- Meet the team: Sarah Hunter
- Holidays & Holiday Pay Seminar
- Menzies Law Spring Conference
- Government reforms (1): Guides – (1) illegal working and (2) data protection
- Government reforms (2): Family friendly – guidance and online calculator
- Holiday pay news – guidance on tribunal claims
- Case update (1): Obesity a disability?
- Case update (2): Social media – unfair dismissal
- Case update (3): Discrimination – protects caste?
- Case update (4): Disability discrimination – reasonable adjustments