We wish you a belated Happy New Year and hope you are all surviving any hasty new year’s resolutions – hopefully we can distract you from them for a while by updating you on the month’s HR/employment law news.
We have a super new member of our team to tell you about and also the latest news on collective consultation and financial penalties for unpaid Tribunal and settlement awards. Our case update this month focuses on whether a sickness absence policy is subject to the duty to make reasonable adjustments; if an employer can ask an employee not to speak their native language at work without discriminating and, finally, if monitoring an employee’s personal emails at work is in breach of the right to respect for private and family life.
- Don’t miss out…
- Meet the team: Anne-Marie Boyle
- Collective consultation – an update
- Government reforms: Financial penalties for unpaid awards
- Case update (1): Disability discrimination – sickness absence policies
- Case update (2): Discrimination – language barriers at work
- Case update (3): Human rights and monitoring at work
- Coming up next…