It’s July and happily this month it has deserved its reputation of being the warmest month of the year. The Government is also busy turning up the heat on reform with its controversial Trade Union Bill and the Summer Budget. It is also rolling-out its Fit for Work referral service and NICE & ACAS have published helpful guidance.
In our case update this month, we report on EAT decisions on carryover of holiday while on sick leave, application of TUPE to employees of a subcontractor and whether a dismissal can be fair despite procedural failings, including in the composition of the appeal panel.
- Seminar reminder: Employment Law Update
- Government reforms (1): Trade union bill
- Government reforms (2): Budget news
- Government reforms (3): Fit for work – roll out
- Guidance: NICE and ACAS
- Case update (1): Sick leave and holiday pay
- Case update (2): TUPE – who’s the client in service provision change?
- Case update (3): Unfair dismissal – fair dismissal despite procedural failings