It’s June and if you can take your eyes off the World Cup and Wimbledon we’ll try to compete for your attention with our update on HR/Employment law news. Hopefully the excitement of the World Cup is having a positive impact on your staff, but just in case there are issues our guidance on Russia 2018 should help. We also update you on ACAS’s guidance on the World Cup as well as on religion and belief discrimination. The Government is also offering help to employers this month with its toolkit on tackling tobacco, alcohol and drugs and more from the ICO on GDPR.
In our case update we bring further news on employment status; guidance from the Court of Appeal on the use of the “final straw” argument in constructive unfair dismissal claims; and when a dismissal for misconduct may amount to disability discrimination.
- Russia 2018: World Cup wellbeing
- ACAS guidance: World Cup football
- ACAS guidance: Religion and belief discrimination
- Government reforms (1): Tobacco, alcohol & drugs
- Government reforms (2): Data protection – GDPR guidance
- Case update (1): Employment status
- Case update (2): Unfair dismissal – waiting for the “final straw”
- Case update (3): Disability discrimination – cause of misconduct