Welcome to the new look Menzies Law newsletter! We felt it was time for a spring clean and we hope you like it. Feedback always welcome…
It’s been a busy start to 2020 for the Menzies team with a very varied caseload and equally diverse clients. We’ve also been delivering lots of legal training since the start of the year on topics including Equality Diversity and Inclusion, Witness Familiarisation (more on this below), employment law updates and Conducting Investigations.
We’re delighted to be speaking at Bristol’s Mustard Seeds event on 6 March in celebration of International Women’s day. Tamsin will be sharing her experiences in the area of diversity and equality and generally being part of discussion on how we can all contribute to creating a more gender-equal world.
Here are all of the items we cover this month:
- Employment Tribunals: Ensuring the performance of your witnesses with Training from Menzies Law
- Our Spring Employment Law Update
- Government reforms (1): National Minimum Wage changes
- Government reforms (2): IR35 update
- Helpful new guidance from ACAS on NDAs
- Case update (1): Disability discrimination – It’s all in the timing
- Case update (2): When investigation meetings are (not) necessary
- Case update (3): Unfair dismissal – Who’s in the know?
- And lastly, our new ‘nothing to do with employment law’ bit: How tech is helping prevent suicide