ACAS has published new guidance on sexual orientation discrimination, available here.
The guidance explains:
- what sexual orientation discrimination is;
- how such discrimination can happen;
- the key areas of employment where discrimination can happen;
- the importance of respecting an employee’s wish for confidentiality; and
- how employers should handle discrimination complaints.
There are also sections on ‘coming out’ at work, the additional protections afforded to those in same sex marriages or civil partnerships, occupational requirements and religion or belief exemptions.