September has seen the return of the school-run for some, and of slower commutes for all! The Government is also back to its normal routine after its generous summer recess – TUPE changes are confirmed, waiver of Employment Tribunal fees for the less wealthy is coming in October, and we have more guidance on the Employee Shareholder scheme. The Courts have also been busy and we cover cases on (1) disability discrimination and how to make reasonable adjustments for disability-related sick leave (2) the extent of the right to be accompanied and (3) redundancy payments and refusal of suitable alternative employment.
- Legal update seminar – 17 October
- Social Media seminar – 23 October
- Swindon area People & Strategy Round-Table – 24 October
- Government reforms (1): TUPE changes
- Government reforms (2): Tribunal fees
- Government reforms (3): Employee shareholders
- Case update (1): Disability discrimination – managing sickness absence
- Case update (2): Right to be accompanied – whose choice?
- Case update (3): Redundancy payment – refusal of suitable alternative employment