We don’t just support you in employment law disputes. Our Commercial Dispute Resolution team is also here for you in any sort of commercial claim or dispute too.
We’ve created a partnership with an expert team of specialist commercial dispute resolution lawyers, so that we can advise, represent and protect your interests in a wide range of commercial disputes and court proceedings. You can now benefit from the teams outstanding technical expertise utilising their established partnerships with barristers, insurers and litigation funders – and best of all, at competitive rates.
Our Commercial Dispute Resolution team handle everything from modest County Court debt recovery claims through to hearings in the Supreme Court (where they were recently involved in a famous case). Whether the dispute is large or small, we can help.
We also have a ‘niche’ specialism in dealing with disputes involving recruitment agency fee disputes – this is something we are regularly asked to help with.
We’re delighted to be able to offer you this additional range of expertise. First of all, it builds and strengthens our core employment law litigation expertise, giving us even more depth. It also allows you to seek help with any commercial dispute with the knowledge and confidence that you will receive the same quality of service and expertise that you do from all other Menzies Law services.
Here’s where we can help
Our Commercial Dispute Resolution team provides litigation and dispute resolution in the following areas:
- High Court injunctions – e.g. restrictive covenants
- High Court money claims – including large notice pay claims for senior executives
- Commercial litigation – business to business
- Partnership disputes
- Shareholder disputes
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Civil fraud litigation
- Tax litigation
- Debt recovery
- Insolvency litigation
- Intellectual property litigation
- Competition and anti-trust litigation
- Banking and financial services litigation
- Property litigation
- Professional negligence
- Recruitment agency fee disputes
- We successfully represented a very senior business executive in a claim for a year’s pay (notice pay). He had been offered the role of CEO of a major business but the offer was withdrawn just days before he was due to start. No contract had been signed but all the key details had been agreed and the induction planned. We were able to achieve a very decent settlement sum for our client, despite the lack of a signed contract, after some robust exchanges of correspondence with the group’s lawyers.
- We have advised many clients over the years in respect of enforcing, or resisting the enforcement, of restrictive covenants in employment contracts. Our main employment law team advise on these on a regular basis, but occasionally a High Court injunction needs to be threatened or responded to. This is where our Commercial Dispute Resolution experts step in to provide further support and expertise for our clients.
- We have brought about many successful outcomes for our clients in recruitment agency fee disputes. (See our separate page on that area of law for more details.)
- We have assisted several commercial clients with recovering debts owed to them by other businesses.