Negotiating an exit deal is seldom easy
No-one likes the end of an era, but even less so when charged emotions and disputes can leave a bitter taste. Menzies Law help make the process as pain-free as possible, leaving you to start planning for your future.
When the time comes to leave an organisation – perhaps one you’ve played an integral role in shaping or growing – it can be challenging making sure your interests are protected. Senior exits also often come with a range of specific challenges, for example around restrictive covenants or share options.
When you find yourself faced with a request to leave an organisation, it can often feel that your employer holds all the cards. They may employ experienced HR professionals, backed up by an intimidating law firm. That’s why you need the best advice and support available.
We’ve spent years working for individuals at the top of their organisations and careers. Equally, with our work in industry and for major blue-chip organisations, advising large employers across the South West, Wales and beyond, we can predict the tactics and approaches you’re likely to face from your employer.
You’ll not only find our advice clear, frank and supportive, our extensive experience of contract law, pay & reward, employment tribunal claims and pensions ensures you get the very best advice and the best deal possible.
How we help you
The advice and support of our expert senior employment lawyers will:
- Help you create an exit plan, with emphasis on a dignified exit for yourself
- Interpret and explain all the terms of your employment contract and their implications
- Provide you with realistic expectations and benchmarks as to what you could reasonably achieve in an exit negotiation
- Allow you to position yourself as strongly as possible in your negotiations
- Assist you in achieving the best financial outcome
- Help you negotiate and understand any settlement agreement
- Also advise you on any restrictions there may be on your future activities from your employment contract and any settlement agreement
Some of our recent work includes:
- Improving CEO’s exit package by 5 times the original financial offer (Country CEO of Global Tech business).
- Negotiating the lifting of restrictive covenants on behalf of a recruitment director following an acrimonious dispute with his employer (International Search & Selection organisation).
- Negotiating the exit of a senior executive following long term bullying by the MD. Achieved significant financial package including a substantial injury to feelings award (high profile hotel group).
- Acting for an HR Director who was constructively dismissed. Achieved significant compensation for sexual harassment and PTSD as part of her complex exit negotiations.
When you involve us in negotiating an exit, your employer will sit up and listen. Our reputation is well known by HR teams and other law firms across the UK. Bringing us in on your side will make it clear that you expect to achieve a decent exit deal and won’t be pushed around.
Read more out our support for executives and employees with settlement agreements.
Don’t just take our word for it
Finding a firm to represent you for your exit is an important decision. Here is what others have said about how we have helped them.
Get in touch