We believe in corporate social responsibility and the concept that every business has its part to play in society.
We are committed to ensuring equality of treatment and opportunity for all, including our clients and third parties with whom we deal.
As regional leaders in equality and diversity matters, we are proud of our Equality & Diversity Policy.
If you have any access requirements when visiting us, contacting us or using our services, please let us know. We will do all we can to accommodate your needs.
Law Society’s Diversity and Inclusion Charter
Our firm proudly upholds and promotes the principles of diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities in its operation and practices. In 2013 we joined may similarly minded law firms in pledging to uphold these values by signing the profession’s Diversity and Inclusion Charter.
The signatories to the Charter have pledged to:
- Strive to achieve best practice in our recruitment, retention and career progression practices as employers.
- Support the development of good diversity practice. Therefore, collecting and sharing examples of practical activities that contribute to progress with other signatories.
- Assign responsibility for meeting our Charter commitments to a named, senior level individual.
- Work together to develop and adopt future protocols that support the practical implementation of the aims of this Charter.
- Annually publish the diversity profile of our UK employees and details of our work on equality, diversity and inclusion.
- And finally, publish a joint annual report on the basis of a monitoring exercise to measure the impact of this Diversity and Inclusion Charter and its protocols. These reports will form the basis of regular dialogue with stakeholders, employees and clients.
We firmly believe that everyone should do more to safeguard the world in which we live, something we make an active effort to do at Menzies Law as much as possible.
- led the way in the legal sector in being a paperless office from the outset
- only print an electronic document if we really need to, and always on 100% recycled paper
- source 100% of our electricity from renewable sources – mostly from the solar panels on our roof
- recycle every item possible, including all paper, card, plastics and printer cartridges
- seek to avoid creating waste in the first place
- buy electronic equipment with an energy saving mode
- use public transport for business journeys wherever viable
- annually record and review our carbon footprint with the intention of reducing it further where we can
- plant trees to off-set our carbon footprint (in 2015 we planted 240 trees ourselves!)
- report our carbon footprint every year to the Legal Sustainability Alliance (see below)
We are also proud to be a member of the Legal Sustainability Alliance. This is a movement of law firms and organisations committed to working collaboratively to take action to improve the environmental sustainability of their operations and activities.
Menzies Law is proud to support United World Schools in the form of supporting their organisation with HR and employment law advice. United World Schools creates educational opportunities for children living in the world’s poorest regions.
Additionally, several of our team are trustees of charities and give their time (including legal and business advice) on a voluntary basis to a number of educational establishments and local community projects.
The Care Forum is an independent voluntary and community sector infrastructure organisation. They support communication, consultation and networking with the voluntary and community sector (VCS), as well as promoting partnership working with the VCS and empowering adults and young people to voice issues about local social and community care services. They also provide information and advice about voluntary and statutory sector health and well-being services.
Brentry and Henbury Children’s Centres deliver Children’s Centre services in Brentry and Henbury for families across North Bristol. Their work has been recognised locally, as well as nationally, and our focus is on the wellbeing of the child and the whole family.