It’s December and for fun holiday reading we bring you more employment law/HR news for you to feast on. 2013 closes with news of the Government’s shared parental leave proposals, the chancellor’s gifts for HR in his Autumn statement and an ACAS consultation on amendments to its Code of Practice on Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures. Our case update this month brings further news on disability discrimination and when an employer may, or may not, be ‘in the know’ about an employee’s disability. We also summarise guidance given by the Court of Session on ill-health dismissals and an opinion given by the CJEU Advocate General that holiday pay should include an amount equivalent to commission, even if unearned.
- Menzies Law ranked again as leading regional firm
- Government reforms (1): Shared parental leave
- Government reforms(2): Autumn statement 2013
- ACAS code consultation: Disciplinary & grievance procedures
- Case update (1): Disability discrimination – are you in the know?
- Case update (2): Unfair dismissal – ill health
- Case update (3): Holiday pay and commission